Day 1: Experience the Traditional way of making Joomchi
Applications & Functional daily life objects like:
*Paper clothing etc.
Day 2: Experience Jiyoung Chung's way of making Joomchi
Applications such as:
*new way of creating paper painting/drawing/collage
*self-standing or suspended sculpture
*unique surface design
*functional daily life objects like baskets, lamp, space divider, panel, etc.
Day 3: Play Day: Explore the endless possibilities in Joomchi
it can be functional or sculptural or fine art oriented.
Creating a piece in either Traditional or contemporary Joomchi.
The students will be challenged in creative thinking from the previous lessons learned, and will implicate their skills in creating a new piece.
For those who are inclined to produce experimental swatches, this can be used in replacement of one final piece.
Inschrijven niet mogelijk
pls bring the following: (1" = 2,54cm)
* Big water sprayer with adjustable nozzle
* one corrugated plastic board (size: smallest 20"x 30" or longer)
* two large used towel (larger than the corrugated plastic boards)
* one wooden dowel - ¾" min diameter x 24" min length
(Dowel should be straight, curved ones will not work.)
* Waterproof apron
* Thin lab gloves and hand lotion, if your skin is sensitive to dyes.
We will be working with water all day long.
* Scissors / Paper cutter / Ruler
* Sketchbook/Drawing tools such as
pencils, permanent markers (various thickness and colors if possible),
charcoal (stick and powdered, optional); etc... for concept development
* Lots of various colored and/or mild textured mulberry fiber papers (thin and medium thickness)
* A pack of assorted colour tissue paper
* A few (Ziploc brand) sandwich bags
* Paper scraps you have such as rice or cotton paper, newspaper, printed paper,
and/or scrap paper that does not have any surface coating.
* Various threads, needles and collage materials for decorating paper surface.
* 2" width chip flat brush, a small plastic cup/bucket for water (at least 3" wide)
* Bubble wrap(small bubble - about 8 yards/meter; larger bubble - about 4 yards/meter), packing tape
* Three plastic dimensional forms for shaping papers in 3D or relief form or/and anything that has interesting textures.
* 8oz Gel Medium or glue, a cheap small flat brush or knife for applying glue to paper
Jiyoung Chung (Korea)
17, 18 &19 Nov. 2011
from 10am till 5pm
Kapelstraat 93A, Tilburg
Karina van Vught
€ 350,00 excl.materials
Coffee/tea and lunches are included